Friday, July 01, 2005

Literature/philosophy quiz....

Greetings!! I could not resist the temptation and came back to blog! I have thought of some questions to keep my blog readers and 'fans' occupied over the week when I shall be very busy...... ;)

Whoever knows who said the following, shall get a prize! (You have to get all 3 correct) Here they are....

1) "The man I am, looks mournfully at the man I could have been....."

2) "The well-trained soldier, may do what courage would have demanded in a particular situation...not because he is courageous, but because he is well-trained....."

3) "A woman may very well form a friendship with a man, but for this to endure, it must be assisted by a little physical antipathy....."

Hope you'll like the little quiz that I have devised for you all! See you next week! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Huichieh said...

2. Sounds vauguely Socratic (Plato's Laches?)... but I'm guessing Alasdair MacIntyre, After Virtue or something like that.

Sat Jul 02, 12:31:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Greetings! Thanks for taking part in the quiz! But only two participants???

loy: you're truly a philosopher...you're right. It's Alasdair MacIntyre (in After Virtue! :)

doubleyellow: (2) and (3) are correct! Well done! :) (3) is from Nietzsche's Human, All Too Human...Actually, I also dunno who said (1)! hehe...

thanks to ball.of.yarn (trompe l'oeil) too, for trying... :)

So few attempts for a quiz that I have so painstakingly devised...? sigh...I'm so disillusioned!!

Tue Jul 05, 07:32:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Huichieh said...

"So few attempts for a quiz that I have so painstakingly devised...? sigh...I'm so disillusioned!!"

Don't be...you have the product, now what is needed is just some placement. If Tomorrow had picked this up...

On the other hand, maybe "philosophy" has that feel of being "too cheem", thus turning would be participants off...

Or maybe people just don't read.

Wed Jul 06, 02:14:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Hi loy: haha...well, I'm not really that disillusioned lah..:) (was just kidding) I was just hoping for more attempts... (wrong answers never mind!) :)

Philosophy does strike one as a profound subject...But actually, it's a very practical subject which enables one to critically analyze public policy issues. For example, LSE has created this innovative new programme called MSc Philosophy, Policy, & Social Value (as you'd probably know)...

Wed Jul 06, 06:36:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read neurontin use01010101010101010101010101010101 alfa romeo brara Chrysler 300c touring pictures Medical practice answering machine

Fri Mar 02, 03:09:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home