Saturday, January 07, 2006

The screwed up year...

The screwed up year of the Chicken is going to be over soon. The year of the Chicken is especially bad for people born in my year. Although such things do not have any scientific basis, the predictions all came true for me, so how could I not believe in the Chinese horoscope? A year of hell indeed. I have had enough. One bad thing after another. Enough. And even as the year of the Chicken approaches its end, the spiteful Chicken still will not let me off. Its curse continues to work its black magic on me.

Believe in the Chinese horoscope, for its predictions are always accurate. If it says you are going to go through hell in a particular year, you will go through hell. And at least for me, no matter how hard you try, things will still turn out badly, leaving you thoroughly wounded in all bloody ways.

So this leads me to a thought: perhaps I should end this blog too. What's the point of blogging, when it does not make my life any better? What purpose would that serve? Would money fall down from the sky to solve real problems in life? Would frustrating things stop happening? Anyway, 'business' hasn't been good (for this blog), so why continue to incur the 'operating costs'? If blogging is a way of capturing a snapshot of life similar to using a camera to take photographs of things, then I can only say that I am not in a happy enough state of mind to capture anything right now. I want things to get significantly better for me. And I want the year of the Chicken to end soon. Too many hateful things have happened this year. One wave after another. Just when I'm cheering up after one wave of mud has flushed through me, another wave starts rolling in....I'm already tired. Even people close to me feels that my life is quite 'cursed' this year in a very strange way. Did I step on anything supernatural unknowingly? Did I offend any deities? Did I harm anyone? No to all, so leave me alone, hateful Chicken. I'll see you in 12 years' time. By then, I will not let you defeat me again.

11 Comments:

Blogger Elia Diodati said...

I am a chicken, and I had a horrible year too. I guess I'm just too hen-pecked to do anything about it.

Sun Jan 08, 06:08:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Gilbert Koh aka Mr Wang said...

Perhaps you should use this blog to write about your personal challenges, and through the process of writing, analyse them properly and work out a STRATEGY for dealing with them. And then use this blog also to record your progress in EXECUTING the strategy. Then you may find blogging a worthwhile exercise.

That is what Mr Wang does for himself. Albeit at another blog, where he does not call himself "Mr Wang Says So". Mr Wang is pretty secretive that way.

Sun Jan 08, 04:34:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Bernard Leong said...

I just think that shit happens, whether u like it or not. It's not dependent on your horoscope, your star sign or those strange lines on your hands. It's easy to blame on these things but it's hard to really see what you can do about it. Sometimes it's within your control and sometimes it's not.

It's better to believe that fate is in your hands and move on. Then you should be able to turn adversity into opportunity.

Have a good year ahead.

Sun Jan 08, 05:53:00 PM 2006  
Blogger GK said...

Happy new year, HS. Good luck and I hope you solve your problems. Here's a poem I wrote about 98% of all the problems that 98% of the people in the world have.

Sun Jan 08, 05:58:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Merv said...

If you're expecting a shitty year from the start, you'll probably going to get one.

If things turn out bad, you'll say: "see? The horoscopes/god/oracle is right!"

If things out good,you'll say: "Although its ok, It could be much better. It's still shite. The horoscopes/god/oracle is still right!"

Self fufilling prophecy. Moral of the Story?

Don't believe in all the voodoo/horsoscope and do your best in the year.

And accept that whatever the conseqences, its the best result you could manage.

Sun Jan 08, 07:09:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Ellipsis said...

Just to cheer you up, i found mst of the chicken references in this post pretty funny...

but about ending your blog: I've had that feeling once or twice too. but perhaps you could just stay away from it if you feel the tightening of your chest and the words not flowing. it would be such a pity to end the blog. I'm sure in the not-so-chicken year you're in now, there will be many many happenings that will stir your heart and get you writing furiously for days on end.

:)

Mon Jan 09, 02:15:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Hi Everyone, thanks for your comments and kind words, I do appreciate them....

Elia Diodati: Happy New Year, long time no see...Hm, I am actually not hen-pecked enough and I still did something about them (the problems), but alas, shit still happened...

DoubleYellow: I've lost faith in the ability of things to get better....The Chicken is too powerful....It's a Chicken Sith Lord.

Mr Wang: If I wish to do that, I think I'll have to set up another blog with mostly diary entries...But it goes back to the problem of 'not having the mood to write anything'.

BL: Thanks. You're right...Actually, I am able to handle shit (since my life always involves regular bouts of shitty events). It's just that I hate to get TOO much of those in one year....

Mr Koh: Thanks for the link to the poem. Maybe for me it'll be "Don't sign unfair contracts with monstrous organizations". Thank goodness my current employer is much better.

Merv: Actually I didn't know that the year of the Chicken is bad for people born in my year until recently. So for me it doesn't seem to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, since I started out the year feeling optimistic.

Trisha: I just gotta try...Please pray for me. I hope to strike 4D....

Ball.of.Yarn: Thanks. Don't worry, if I end the blog, I won't delete it...It'll still exist in cyberspace (like the social commentary blog Rebrab Moor).

Tue Jan 10, 10:40:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Ellipsis said...

ha. even if you MUSt delete it you must tell me first - I need to recoup my investment in blogshares.;)

Tue Jan 10, 12:00:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Ok, Ball.of.Yarn, if I delete it I'll make an announcement first...

But most likely I won't delete it...I'll just let it exist and collect cyber-dust...

Wed Jan 11, 10:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger jllt said...

OoOoOoo... Year of dog coming! Should be good for chickens too because we (I'm pig) are all living on the farm! :D

Wed Jan 11, 11:57:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Hi Jllt,
Let's hope the Year of the Doggie will be great!

Sat Jan 14, 09:12:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home